Endorphin Elite - Slime
The Elite is an entirely new range for Saucony, which offers race legal measurements and clearly takes strong design cues from its sibling, the Endorphin Pro 3. That starts with lightness, weighing just over 200g like the Pro 3, with a similarly thin, stretchy upper that unlike the Pro 3, uses a mix of mesh and knit to offer something that hugs the foot a little more but still offers ample room at the toes and the midfoot.
Sections of the upper, either side of the laces, have been cut out to help keep things well ventilated and further keep the overall weight of the shoe down. Saucony also introduces its PWWRRUN HG foam in the Elite, which is its most energy efficient midsole foam to date. Along with a PWWRUN+ sockliner, it offers a soft and springy feeling underfoot. There’s a full length carbon plate running from heel to toe and Saucony’s signature SpeedRoll geometry features to encourage rapid heel-to-toe transitions.
– Weighs 205g (US M9), 185g for a US W8
– Stack height of 39.5 mm (heel), 31.5 mm forefoot (8 mm drop)
– All-new PWRRUN HG midsole, Saucony’s lightest and bounciest foam to date
– Slotted carbon-fiber plate pairs with Speedroll rocker for snappy toe-off
– Lightweight and breathable